Australia consumes 29 billion litres of diesel annually, with non-retail consumption growing at 3.6%. As the demand for fuel increases, the question of how to store that fuel efficiently becomes even more important.
Hiring or purchasing bulk fuel storage both come with distinct advantages. This article will help you understand the right option for your business.
Hiring a Fuel Tank
Fuelfix & Tanks2Go offer a range of fuel tanks for hire, available Australia-wide. We continually invest in our fleet to deliver the highest quality to our clients.
Advantages of hiring
- Reduce initial capital outlay
- Limit depreciation, obsolescence and storage costs
- Reduce ongoing maintenance fees
- Maintain a steady monthly operational cost
- Take advantage of emergency technical or breakdown support
- Utilise a nationwide network – which means you don’t need to transport your tanks to another site location should your operations move regularly
Things to consider when hiring
Your business won’t be able to claim depreciation on the assets as you won’t own them. Also, if you’re hiring long-term with a minimum contract, you may need to include the full hire period on your Profit and Loss (P&L) statements as per new Australian regulations.
Thankfully, with Fuelfix & Tanks2Go, you don’t have to choose a long-term contract, so you won’t have to factor this in! Simply hire and use as you need.
Buying a Fuel Tank
With over two decades of experience in the industry, Fuelfix & Tanks2Go are the preferred supplier of self-bunded fuel tanks for sale across Australia.
Benefits of buying
- As you own the fuel tanks, you’ll be able to claim depreciation on your assets
- You’ll be able to take advantage of our maintenance and repair services to ensure your assets remain at optimum capacity.
- You’ll be able to include them as assets in your P&L statements.
Things to consider when buying
- There will be an initial capital outlay
- You will need to factor in ongoing maintenance costs
Which option is best for your organisation?
Whether you’re going to buy fuel tanks or hire them out ultimately depends on your business model. Do you have the capital to pay for them upfront? Do you have multiple sites with fluctuating requirements?
We’ve worked with a range of businesses with different requirements – it may be that you choose a combination of the two options, buying several tanks as a baseline, and hiring additional tanks on a needs-basis.
Get Your Fuel Tanks from Fuelfix & Tanks2Go
If you’d like to learn more about the options available to you, our team of specialists at Fuelfix & Tanks2Go are here to assist you in finding the ideal solution. You can contact us directly on 1300 734 764, or leave us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.